Palmnex System Description
Palmnex is a complete solution in system to successfully fight the Red Weevil pest affecting palm trees and plantations. The Palmnex solution is based on IoT technology by interconnecting smart sensing nodes built around a patented «Active Red Weevil Detection» algorithm.
- The algorithm running on each node is capable of securely “sensing” the presence of larvae at a stage that is instrumental in protecting Palm trees from RPW damage before it becomes irreversible.
- An additional feature is a RWP SmartTrap that is installed in several locations along the plantation to attract with pheromones, trap and count the RPW Flies, thus forewarning the imminent pest and determining the areas within the plantation with the larger concentration of RPW.
- Design toward ZERO field maintenance.
- Each IoT unit is energy self-sufficient by the use of a Solar Panel and rechargeable back-up battery The whole system is operated and maintained via an online cloud platform with automatic software upgrade capability
Each tree of your plantation is equipped with a small well-designed sensor monitoring the vitals of your tree and detecting the RPW larvae from the first days.
This is the key component that collects and processes in real time the sensor captured data. Subsequently reports the information to the main data base residing tin the PalmApps.
- It uses RPW pheromones to lure mature insects that may have invaded the area.
- The installation or the traps canvases the whole plantation in sections
- Each unit counts the trapped insects and sets-off an alarm in case of significant aggregation.
- Statistics of the traps monitor in virtually real time the situation on the plantation sections and facilitates decision making on targeted spraying to eliminate mature populations before they lay their eggs.
RF Mesh Network @2.4GHz
- It is a high density - high reliability Radio Frequency Network
- The mesh network has inherent self-hearing properties where in case a node is not communicating, the network will use the other nodes to effectively report data from the rest of the nodes towards the database
- This allows a robust accessibility of all plantation nodes higher than 99%
A Smart Gateway that interfaces the 2.4GHz mesh network to the Internet or a local network for collecting palm tree data from the plantation
All the datas from the PalmSensors (TM) are geolocated and sent to a web based application dedicated to the management of your plantation